Friday 22 January 2010

I know it's not about finding a boy...

...but i'm more content being single now than I have in a long time. I don't know what's changed, I guess I feel that I need to be at home much more often which isn't leaving much time for anything but I like how things are now. Able to get into bed and chill with Lynne watching telly, listening to music when i'm in Belfast, not having anything to worry about and for some reason I'm not even looking for any hugs or snuggles!

Anyway, the main reason I decided to post tonight was to tell ya'll (probably the four people who read my blog coz they follow me on twitter) that i'm helping to organise a fun run in Belfast to raise money for the Haiti earthquake fund. (www.belfast4haiti.com for more info please folks...) but recently I had been thinking 'shit man, I shouldn't have done that masters, I don't know if PR is for me, i'll be rubbish at it, I'll never get a job etc etc'. My job is fine- there isn't anything I find taxing, it's not too boring, it's an alright atmosphere to work in and I get a nice feeling of satisfaction when I see the magazine in a shop but it isn't what I want to do.

When I started working with Austin and Lisa to organise the race and get us lots of press coverage, it made me realise that it is something I can do, and more importantly, something I enjoy doing. If it turns out to be just the charity side of it, then happy days, but whatever I end up doing, as long as I get the opportunity to do a little event management and I'm working for a brand that I like and believe in, I'll be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment